As a parent at Kew House School, you join our school family. We offer an array of different things for you to take part in during the school year, from a trip abroad with co-parents, to a parent course on teen behaviour. Here are just a few things you can expect as a parent of our school:
Parent Workshops & Talks
We offer parents the opportunity to take part in workshops and attend talks such as:
- Gaming and gambling - external speaker on an issue increasingly affecting young people
- Managing friendships
- Substance abuse - discussing the current trends and dangers of drugs in society
- Mental health & wellbeing
- Online safety
- Sleep management in teenagers
Our café is open to our parents
Our school café is for the use of parents during certain hours of the day. The café is also home to our parent coffee mornings where you can meet fellow parents in your child’s year group. As a parent, you are free to sit and relax, purchase a hot drink and use the wifi!
The friends of Kew House are a group of fantastic parents who organise parent educational and social events each year. The friends also organise events to raise money for charity. This year, the Friends organised an educational course for parents called 'Teenagers Translated' which covered topics such as:
- 'What is normal teen behaviour and how to recognise and act on the more worrying signals'
- 'How to have difficult conversations and impose boundaries'
- 'Ways in which to create the right kind of home life to support your teen'
Parent and Staff Events
- Annual parent Quiz Night
- New parent BBQ
- Charity fundraisers
- Our History department organises a parent trip abroad.
And of course, you are welcome to attend the many fantastic events our students are involved in
- Rowing regattas
- Annual productions
- Summer sports day
- Carol concert
- Tea time concerts showcasing musical talent, termly
- Joint Gardener Schools Group events, such as a joint Orchestral Concert between our schools, Ravenscourt Park Preparatory School, Kew Green Preparatory School, Kew House School and Maida Vale School
- Parent choir
- Art showcases
- Science fair